Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Cowboy Angel

 

My landlady and neighbor is named Barbara.  She and I have had our differences.  But I have developed a certain regard for the lady, especially since she seems to actually like me.  Her dogs--two chihuahua ladies named Autumn and Lucy B--seem to love me as well.  Lucy has become my 'New Best Friend'.  It's her horses that are behind me--Lucky, Rebel and Big Boy.  They are very sweet--well, except for Lucky, he doesn't like men but he seems to really like me and I him.  But Miss Barbara has a gentlemen friend--Bruce--who comes over twice a day to care for the horses.  He's almost seventy and she was 67 on New Years.  They have know each other for over thirty years.  They were there when each suffered the lost of their spouses.  They have been through so much together.  She said she would not marry him out of respect for their spouses memories.  He makes sure she is taken care of.  She calls him her 'Cowboy Angel'.  And, yes, he looks like a cowboy.  When they look at each other it is a very deep and knowing look.  There is a love story there.  And it gives me hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment