Saturday, January 22, 2011

Breathe

 Some days I get through by focusing on the things I need to do.  Some days I find myself counting down the hours into minutes.  Seconds become eternity.  Sometimes I can actually feel that space in between.  That's when I have to stop and breathe and look around me. And I know there's a whole world out there.  There's life beyond my front door, beyond my little existence. 

 There are children playing.

And old folks are dosing.

Young girls are going to proms

Young men are chasing young ladies.

We are all moving to our own rhythms

Some go off to foreign lands

Some reach for the sky

We are constantly trying to build

and expand

and take from the land

We need to stop

look around and breathe

just breathe.

Remember the sacrifices that were made for us

And appreciate the world around us.

It really is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment